21 Jun 2008

Look What The Mail Man Brought!

My bloggy friend Jen on the Edge is one of the coolest ladies I know. Not only is she incredibly witty in her writings about Jenworld and its inhabitants, she is also a superhero when it comes to conservation and the environment, currently in the process of building her very own, eco-friendly house. A visit to any of Jen's blogs never disappoints, which is why I am one of her many avid fans.

So imagine my excitement when Jen hosted a bloggy giveaway and I actually WON it. You have to understand that I never win anything. This is the first time I have ever won anything, ever! After many Canada Post-related delays (don't ask), I am now the proud owner of



With my very own message from Jen herself:



Fortunately, today is rainy here in Toronto, allowing the boys and me to bake without feeling guilty about how we 'ought to be outside'. Here's what's just gone into the oven:



(Sorry. Blogger is acting up, and insisting on showing this picture sideways).

I can't wait until it's ready, so I can sit back with a cup of tea, a slice of this yumminess and a good book.

Thanks, Jen! You rock!

30 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I love the Mitford books--I didn't know they had a cookbook. Enjoy your day in the kitchen with your boys!

Barrie said...

I didn't know there was a cookbook for this series either. I'm definitely checking out her blog. And hope you enjoyed your yummieness!

dawn klinge said...

Those Mitford books are among my favorites! I'm guessing that's a really great cookbook just based on the wonderful descriptions of food prevalent throughout the series. I'm going to go and check out your friend's blog now. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

*blushing*

Heidi, you make me sound like I'm some sort of goddess, when my husband and children can swear that I am all too human and imperfect.

I'm glad the book arrived and can't wait to read about your adventures with southern cooking.

XO, Jen

Heidi said...

Congrats on your winning, I recently won a book online too! I was also very suprised.

Stomper Girl said...

The book looks so beautiful. I hope what came out of the oven was a resounding success too!

jennwa said...

That looks like a great book. I would be excited about winning that too. Congrats!!!

the dragonfly said...

Hooray!! Isn't it great to get fun things in the mail? And to have baking yumminess on top of that...again I say hooray!

:)

Amy said...

That's great - I love getting things in the mail. That will be great with your new kitchen!

kim-d said...

YAY, HEIDI! As a fellow non-winner, isn't it so fun when it finally happens? And it appears to me like yours was definitely worth waiting for. Dedicate a bite of your slice of yummy-ness for me, okay? Thanks :), and BIG HUG!

Girlplustwo said...

i so love getting mail. good for you.

kimmy said...

Yeah! Congrats on winning the cookbook! Let us know if you come across any good recipes!

Kimmy

Beck said...

I HAVE THAT! And it is LOVELY - have fun with it!

Steph said...

Yay! Hope the banana bread was as yummy as it looks!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow - congrats on the big win! Now then, when should I be expecting these goodies in my mailbox? :)

Kat said...

Oooo!! It looks so pretty too! Congratulations on your first win! :)

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Congrats on your big win! I am not much for cooking...so you will have to let me know how it goes!

Oh...and don't be mad...but I tagged you at my site! :)

Amy Y said...

How cool is that! I never win anything, either. The last time was a cabbage patch doll ~ I think I was 7?

Valarie said...

Well, congrats! I never win anything either. (I think everyone says that!)

shay said...

YAY! You're a winner!
Happy baking!

Annie said...

Hurray! I love a win!

Vanessa said...

Congrats on your winnings!

Kellan said...

Congrats - how nice!!!

Hope you are doing good - see you soon - Kellan

Aliki2006 said...

I also didn't know there was a cookbook--hooray!

Melissa said...

oh fun and congrats! Let us know how the book is!

carrie said...

How fun! Hope you enjoy it!

Laski said...

Congrats to you! That is awesome! I'm a huge fan of banana bread. Especially when someone else makes it :)

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

A new cookbook to use in the new kitchen!

Karen MEG said...

Congrats!!!! I'll have to get the recipe from you ... we love banana bread around here!

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Lucky you - congrats :)