10. Having dim sum at Ambassador Restaurant in Richmond Hill
- fabulous food, good friends, lots of laughs.
9. In the hammock in my backyard on a hot summer day
- the sun's rays playing with the leaves on the maple trees. Bees buzzing (but staying away), birds chirping. Kids playing nicely in the pool. Ah, summer in Canada.
8. On the front step of our house here in Norway after a nice, long run
- sitting with my bottle of water, enjoying the quiet of the morning after the kids have gone off to school.
7. Blogging on my computer
- believe it or not, but it is fun to just make things up, like this post, and let the mind wander.
6. On the couch with a good book, a glass of wine and some cheese
- no kids interrupting the tranquility (sorry boys).
5. Sitting around the kitchen table - any kitchen table - with a close girlfriend and a pot of steaming hot tea
- minor problems and major global crises have been solved over a good cup of tea and a few biscuits. World leaders should take note!
4. On the trampoline with the boys, who are laughing at me because I cannot do any of their fancy tricks
- love the sound of their laughter (as long as I am not on the couch with a good book and a glass of wine).
3. Having family over for casual, last minute dinners
- I have not been able to do this for so many years, so this is a real thrill for me! The only drawback is the need to cook the actual meal. If only Norway would embrace take-out food a bit more, I could do this every night.
2. Planning the next great adventure with my husband
- poring over maps, guide books and various Internet sites, figuring out new places to go, either here, or out of country. Sometimes our plans are small and manageable, such as a weekend visit to Sweden. Other times we dream big, like doing the marathon on the Great Wall of China.
1. Getting a chance to sit back and really appreciate all the good things in life
- you know those moments when you have to pinch yourself because you suddenly see clearly how very lucky you are? Family and friends are all happy and healthy. Life is good!
PS: Now tell me yours...